Starting Tuesday we will be making small group lessons available for those bowlers that have a ball drilled to their hand. That lesson schedule is available here. All bowlers that do not have a ball drilled to their hand will once again join us on Wednesday. Bowlers will be able to change their lesson slot if needed, and bowlers getting a ball later in the season will be able to add as well. Please arrive and be ready to bowl at your scheduled time.
Today is the first day of practice. Please be at the bowling alley ready to bowl by 4:00.
The conference team tournament has been moved to January 12th. Calendars have been updated accordingly.
This year’s apparel order form is available here. The form and money are due Friday, November 9th and can be turned in at practice.
A few items for you to consider at the start of this season:
– All bowlers should report to the Waverly Bowl Inn immediately after school on Monday, November 5th. We will start practice by 4:00.
– Our parents meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 30th at 6:00 at the Waverly Bowl Inn.
– To ensure you are getting all updates and messages, please reference our website and mailing list. Anyone wishing to be added to our list can do so from here.
– All bowlers will be required to have their own bowling shoes this season. Fran’s pro shop located in Maple Lanes in Waterloo has many selections available in a variety of sizes, there are also online retailers. I also have shoes available for purchase from the Dexter high-school program, prices here. Those shoes can be ordered and paid for at the parents meeting. If you are concerned with getting the right size I would recommend going to Fran’s Pro Shop.
– On Tuesdays we will be sharing lane time with Wartburg College’s new program. We will be using this time with limited lane availability to offer individual/small group lessons to those bowlers that own a bowling ball that has been drilled to fit their hand. Times will be assigned at the first practice.
– Concussion forms and physicals are required before any student can bowl, no exceptions. Those missing one of these two items have been contacted. If you are uncertain of your status please validate this in the athletic office.
Sign-ups for the upcoming season have concluded.
My top bowlers are Jr League bowlers. It’s really simple, this puts you on the lanes with your fellow bowlers once a week. You skills stay sharp, you are around other bowlers that help you improve.
This year’s meeting to kick off the season will be Saturday, September 8th at 11:00 at the Waverly Bowl Inn. See you there!
Some bowlers also bowl at Maple Lanes…
Sign-up Saturday, September 8th from 9:00 – noon
Others bowl at Cadillac XBC…
Sign-up Saturday, September 8th from 11:30 – 2:30
I often have parents asking me about the basics of the game. There is a FREE USA Bowling Coaching Seminar in Farley, IA – Sunday, September 9th at Cobra Lanes. This is a great way to get the fundamentals down and support your bowler. Sign-up here:
Please be patient, we will have the new site up and running soon.