Boys take down visiting Oelwein with a big 800 pin win, setting a high total score for the year.
Lifting tonight after school, full team practice at 4:30. See you on the lanes.
New jerseys are here!!! Please note that they should be hung to dry.
We will have team pictures on Wednesday. Bowlers are to wear their new jerseys and jeans. An order form can be found here.
Order forms will also be made available on Monday.
The W-SR girls shot 2606 on Friday night, topping the Denver girls by over 700 pins, and also putting up the 4th highest score in team history. The girls production came through a balance attacked that had all girls averaging over 150 on the night and a baker series of over 900 pins, something that has only happened 3 times in team history
The boys were also successful on Friday. Ethan Hennings led the boys with a 237 game and a 424 series. Starting off bakers with a 244 game sealed the victory for the Go-Hawks.
Bowlers will be back in action on Tuesday as they head to Grundy Center for the first time ever. Early start time… 3:15.
The girls were victorious at Vinton on Tuesday 2415-2132 to remain unbeaten at 3-0. Senior Marisa Schneider led the way 199,178/377. The girls put the match away by starting with a 210 game in bakers.
The boys suffered their first loss, falling 2735-3029 to what appears to be a state ready Vinton-Shellsburg team. Lane Shears was back in action Tuesday and led the way 199,223/422. The boys tightened the match after winning the first 2 baker games, but gave up ground in the final 3.
The Go-Hawks are back in Action Friday against Denver at Panther lanes in Tripoli.
Both Boys and Girls teams were successful at Columbus on Friday, improving to 2-0 on the year.
The varsity boys had 3 new faces on varsity this week, showing some of the deep bench we have. Cole Ross (154,153/307), Gabe Holden (136,163/299), and Seth Benschoter (147,173/320) all got their first start on Varsity, but it was senior Noah Jeppesen leading the way again (216,205/421) as the Go-Hawks win 2581 to 2404.
The varsity girls won 2280 – 1948 with the top series coming from Brynne Steckelberg(167,142/309) and high game from Jentry Eick (119,183/302). Demonstrating how deep the bench goes on the girls side was Rachel Jebe(160,153/313) with big numbers off the JV team.
We will see all bowlers on Monday.
WOW! that is how you start a season. The second highest team total to start a season for boys and girls in team history (19 years). Both teams start off winners crushing Waukon by over 500 pins each. You can get complete information here.
(Pro tip: click on the “W 1-0” on that page to get a complete scoresheet)
A few highlights:
Noah Jeppesen: 220,200/420
Lane Shears: 221
Peyton Dougan: 202
Marisa Schneider: 210,190/400
Jentry Eick: 183
Practice today (Thursday 11/14) is girls only, guys have the night off. We have limited lane availability on Thursdays and will normally use this time for the team competing on Friday. Since we don’t have competition this week, we will be doing a girls only practice. Our complete calendar is here: http://highschoolbowling.org/calendar/
Tomorrow is your last opportunity to order team apparel. You can do so here: https://wsrbowling.itemorder.com/
– Our online store is open now through the first week of practice. https://wsrbowling.itemorder.com/
– Practice starts on Monday, November 11th, be at the alley and ready to go before 4:00.
– Our Website is http://highschoolbowling.org/
– Make sure you have bowling shoes, those are required, other equipment recommended, but optional. Details here: http://highschoolbowling.org/equipment/
– Have a physical done (this needs to be done every year!), you need to have this the first day of practice, get the form here: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/a80a0d_87bed865bf6a4638b7ab01b9a05953d2.pdf
– Have a concussion form completed (this needs to be done every year!), you need to have this the first day of practice, get the form here: https://www.iahsaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/HeadsUpConcussionFactSheet.pdf
– Complete calendar is here: http://highschoolbowling.org/calendar/